Tom Hiddleston Interview at Olivier Awards 2014 by Sky News
So King Lear was pretty epic at the Olivier NT this weekend. Simon Russell Beale was brilliant as I’d hoped. He employed these nervous impulse ‘ticks’ and his posture and demeanour really sold ‘Old Mad King’ to me as well as his perfect natural delivery.
This production was a 100 better than the DVD we watched the week before (Ian McKellern) I loved the more contemporary fascist feel to the staging and costume. The way they approached the ‘Lear and his ‘knights’ issue’ made so much more sense here, than what I’d seen before. Goneril was perfect, but Regan didn’t come across so well. As for Edmund - you could see the mustache twirling a mile off, but it still worked. Edgar/Mad Tom (Tom Brooke) was another excellent Hollow Crown alum, but we saw a little more of him than I expected (hang loose brother….) the character had been loin clothed in the previous production, at least he had a modesty rag which was a relief when it was implemented. There were more moments of (the very blackest) humour amongst the madness than I expected.- to which the audience responded with almost tangible relief.
As you may know it’s pretty squeamish in places (I’ll never be able to look at a corkscrew the same way again) and get this, there was a toddler in the audience. Who in their right mind would take a young child to this play? Apart from the production being halted due to a problem with scenery panels (they’re pretty substantial and were hanging at the wrong angle so they could have hurt the cast but it was fixed after about 15 mins) it was an enjoyable experience.
Now I think it’s time to see a Shakespearean comedy, one where the eyes stay in their socket.
"Daenerys" - Illustration by samspratt
Finally finished. Had a little too much fun painting all that loose, whispy, wooshy, hair. Now right back to the art cave to continue research on a poster I’m particularly excited about.
"It’s the computer age. Nerds are in."
Introducing…the Buffy Network!
This is a network for all things related to the Buffyverse! If the beloved TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its characters will always have a special place in your heart, then this is a great network for you to enter. Follow these rules and you’re already on your way to becoming a potential!The Rules:
- mbf Spike
- reblog this post to enter (likes will be staked)
- reblog until 23 May
- must reach a decent amount of notes or I’m ditching this idea at the altar
- complete this application survey maybe?
- must be okay with sharing your email with me
- your ask box must be open
- it would be nice if you had access to all seasons of the show because we’re going to rewatch stuff!
- I will pick 8-16 members shortly after the entry deadline (probably on the smaller end, this is a tiny fandom)What I’m Looking For:
- you must love Buffy
- fandom blogs
- tagging system (very important)
- original content is amazing but it’s not at all required
- cool theme
- most importantly, nice bloggers!What You’ll Get (If You Get In):
- a group promo with the other members that announces that you’ve been ~chosen~
- a spot on the network page
- +follows from me and others in the group
- invitation to participate in Buffy group discussion
- blog help and notes on your selfies
- undying love and eternal friendship from your very own honorary Scooby gangWhat You'll Need To Do (If You Get In):
- message me your email address so I can add you to the group
- submit a Buffy-related icon to me for the page
- submit a short description of yourself to me for the page
- put a link to the network page on your blog somewhere
- track the tag “buffynetwork” for updates
- follow others in the group
Have fun entering, and good luck! Buffy believes in you :)
The Simpsons sums up Buffy in two pages.